I love this, because it is SO flavorful, while being a great choice of a super food!
- ½ pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into two pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning* (recipe follows)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Preheat the oven and a small sheet pan to 425°F.
Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides of the fish with Creole seasoning; let stand 3-4 minutes. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the salmon, and cook about 2 minutes then turn to cook the other side, 2 minutes longer. Transfer fish to the preheated sheet pan and place in hot oven for about 4 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 140°F. Remove from oven and let stand 3 to 4 minutes before serving, to allow the temperature to rise to 145°F.
* For darker blackening, use more seasoning, cook an additional 30 seconds per side.
chef Pam’s creole seasoning
- 2 ½ tablespoons sweet or smoked paprika
- 2 ½ tablespoons salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 ½ tablespoons onion powder
- 2 ½ tablespoons cayenne
- 2 ½ tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 ½ tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 ½ tablespoons chili powder (optional)
Mix all together. Can be stored for 3 months in an airtight container.
Yield: 1-1/4 cups.