The farm markets are full of fresh veggie shoots, sprouts and micro greens. Here is a simple, refreshing salad to go with any meal, from my friend Chef Julie Johnson!
fresh pea shoot, micro-greens and fruit salad
- 3 cups fresh pea shoots
- 8 red radishes sliced very thin
- 3 cups of mixed micro greens and leafy sprouts
- ¼ cup sliced green spring onions
- ¾ cup chopped fresh pineapple (canned tidbits are fine — well drained)
- ¾ cup green and red seedless grapes cut in half
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- salt & pepper
Whisk the vinegar & oil in a small bowl. Add the fruit, onion and mix well, refrigerate.
Toss the veggies in a large serving bowl and chill for about 30 minutes uncovered.
When ready to serve, dress and toss!
I love this with BBQ! Chef Julie