MMmmmm, we’re doing some Greek cooking here at Sizzleworks, which always brings to the front of my mind a wonderful feta dish that is so easy, and always a huge hit as an appetizer.
feta with warm mediterranean spices
- 8 ounces feta, cut into thin slices or cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons best quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- hot pepper flakes, to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon green onions, thinly sliced
Place sliced feta on serving plate. In small skillet, heat olive oil over low heat. Add cumin, coriander, fennel, pepper flakes, pepper and garlic. Cook slowly, about 3 to 4 minutes, until the mixture becomes fragrant (take car not to burn the spices). Add olives and onions, warm through. Pour over feta. Serve with pita bread, crackers or cucumber rounds.