- 1 pound salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil, for cooking salmon
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ pound fresh cooked crab
- 20 fresh asparagus spears (about 3/4 pound)
- 1-1/3 cups fresh raspberries
- 12 fresh strawberries
- 2 cups loosely packed watercress
- Boston lettuce
- Belgian endive
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- ½ cup lemon aioli (see recipe below)
- Raspberry vinaigrette (see recipe below)
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pat salmon fillets dry, and sauté 2 minutes per side, turning repeatedly until salmon is done. (Or, you could grill the salmon.) Season with salt and pepper. Set aside, or chill to assemble salad later.
Pick through crab, set aside or chill to assemble salad later.
Trim and peel asparagus if desired. Blanche in boiling salted water for one minute. Refresh in ice water until cool. Drain well. Set aside, or chill to assemble salad later.
Gently rinse berries, drain and set aside. Hull strawberries and halve.
Arrange watercress, Boston lettuce, and Belgian endive on each of four plates. Divide salmon, crab, asparagus and berries among the plates and arrange. Sprinkle green onions over all. Drizzle salmon with aioli, and serve with raspberry vinaigrette.
- ½ to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 to 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil, to thin mixture
- Salt and pepper to taste
Stir together all ingredients. Refrigerate to store.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 cup oil (corn, Extra-virgin olive, or nut oil)
Blend together sugar, mustard, salt onion and vinegar in blender or food processor until combined. Slowly add oil to form emulsion. Correct seasonings. Store in refrigerator. Le stand 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature before using.
Makes about 1-1/4 cups dressing.