Quick Orange Chive Biscuit Bunnies
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- 2 cups biscuit mix (I like Bisquick brand)
- 1 tablespoon freshly snipped chives
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon orange extract or orange liqueur
- flour, for shaping
- dried cranberries or currants, for eyes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons raw sugar
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
Measure biscuit mix into a large mixing bowl; stir in chives. Combine orange zest and sugar, mix well, then add to the biscuit mix. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the milk and orange liqueur or extract. Gently mix just until soft dough forms.
Dust counter lightly with flour. Turn dough out onto flour and pat into a square. Cut the square into 9 squares. Gently roll each square in your hands to form an egg shape. Place on prepared sheet. Using scissors, cut ears and tail. Press cranberries or currants into dough for eyes. Brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with raw sugar if desired.
Bake 8 – 11 minutes, until golden brown.