Creating and hosting a memorable Easter brunch is a fabulous treat. Enjoying the process, planning and preparation as well as a delicious meal, coming together with friends and family sounds wonderful. And accomplishing it without having your hair on fire is quite do-able if you use a timeline (below). For me, the key is doing whatever I can in advance, so that I don’t feel rushed at the last minute. My motto is: whatever you can make ahead — DO IT! And don’t feel badly choosing purchased prepared foods as another option if necessary. But having fun is not an option — it is a requirement!
To complete your menu, you might add simple fruit skewers, which are more festive than a compote, and a lively brunch cocktail. Find the recipes here:
- semifreddo bellinis
- brunch crepes with sausage & orange wheels
- orange chive bunny biscuits (recipe & video!)
One week in advance:
- Prepare crepes. Stack with plastic wrap between each of the crepes; freeze.
- Press tablecloth and napkins if using.
- Assemble fruit skewers.
- Plate butter and other condiments.
- Defrost crepes, cook sausages, assemble in baking dish. Cover & refrigerate until morning.
- Zest oranges. Make sauce for crepes; cover and set aside until morning.
- Slice oranges into wheels. Refrigerate until morning.
- Chill the drinks.
- Set up coffee, tea.
- Set the table.
- Make biscuits; bake off.
- Reheat orange sauce; add orange slices to crepe dish, bake and finish with sauce.
- Arrange fruit skewers on a serving tray.
- Prepare drinks.